Breastfeeding
For about a week now, I've been daring (in my opinion). I completely stopped formula and have been strictly breastfeeding. I've been weighing Cory daily and he seems to be gaining weight like he's supposed to. Last week he weighed in at 11 lbs 12 oz when we took him to the clinic for a stuffy nose. Cory's Room
Speaking of a stuffy nose, the doctor said to put a humidifier in Cory's room. This made me think about moving him to his own room. He's been in a bassinet next to our bed since we've taken him home. This was nice, because I was able to get used to his noises and sleep patterns. We graduated last night. He slept in his crib all night for the first time. He actually slept much better because we were able to have the humidifier on in his room (Anthony doesn't like it in our room). He usually would go about 3 hours between the start of each feeding, but he went 5 hours one time last night! His breathing was better and I think he's more comfortable in his crib. I was super nervous and turned the baby monitor on way loud "just in case". I'm crossing my fingers that tonight will be as good as last night was.
Sounds like your little guy is growing up! I love the picture of him and Anthony! Give Cory a big hug and kiss from me!
ReplyDeleteYeay! I hope things continue to improve. Nursing at night will boost your milk supply, but sleeping that much in a row feels so good. I can't wait until we are done with the feedings every 2 hours stage.
ReplyDeleteohhh, cute picture! That is so great he is doing so well in his own room and that breastfeeding is going so well!!! So happy for you guys! Miss you!! "My cat can eat a WHOLE watermelon!" xoxox
ReplyDeleteSister,
ReplyDeleteThat picture is too cute! Sorry Cory has had a stuffy head-poor little guy. Wow good job on already putting him in his crib-you are an awesome mom! Love you lots!
Missy Moo