Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Blurry But Fantastic Image


Here is the picture of our baby. I know, it looks like a big grey blob. On the right side is the head, there is one arm and one leg showing in the image, but most importantly, there was a heartbeat.
I found out yesterday that I have a B negative blood type. This means that I'll need to take shots of RhoGAM at my 28th week and after the baby is born to prevent me from creating antibodies that could attack the baby if it has a positive Rh factor. If there are any complications they will need to give me a shot earlier. It's all very manageable, so we aren't too worried about it. Thank you again to our family and friends for the love and support! We are really excited!

4 comments:

  1. Yayyy! Thanks for posting your first pic of the little one! Love you guys
    Missy Moo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So darling.

    I had the RhGam shot with both boys. Not a worry at all. I got it at 20 weeks, then again after the babies were born. Big needle, but you don't have to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutest grey blob ever! Well I may have only seen one cuter and that was Cora. Just think of the shots as preparing you for the epidural, or as I like to call it...oh heaven divine. I am so happy and sad at the same time. I wish I was there to hear every minor change, thought, etc. Will you please call me when you have time!! I am still waiting to hear from you to get all the details! Kevin is excited too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandma thinks the baby is adorable!! I know you can't tell if it's a boy or girl yet, but I believe he will be the best little guy in this whole world! How could he be anything else with such terrific parents! I'm so excited to be a grandma for the 5th time!! LOVE YOU !! mom

    ReplyDelete