Friday, December 25, 2009

Winter Crafts


This winter I decided that I would attempt to be "crafty". If you know anything about me, you know that crafty is not part of my description. It all got started with a Young Women's activity where we learned how to crochet. I vaguely remember doing this back when I was a teenager and in Young Women's, but had to re-learn everything all over.
I soon decided that I'd make crafts to give as supplemental Christmas presents (noticed that they are "supplemental" and not the entire gift). The scarf took the longest; about 14 hours total. The hats only took a couple hours each. The wreath was just a side project where I used an overgrown bush in our backyard as the filler (cost= $1). Needless to say, I went a little overboard this year, but Anthony says that I've become a "real woman" now that I can crochet ;o)

1 comment:

  1. Can you teach me how to make a wreath like that? It's just the type I wanted for our front door. I think you should teach one of our Wed. night activities.

    ReplyDelete