Monday, February 8, 2010

The Neighborhood Peacock


Yes, you read that right... we have a neighborhood peacock. I thought I was going insane the other day when I went outside and heard the distinct sound of a peacock. Anthony and I were on our way to church the other day and saw it hanging out in someone's yard. Well, today, I was out walking Rocko around the block and saw the bird up close (I went a different way than I normally do). It's a female peacock (called a peahen) and it's white (which I've never seen before but is quite pretty). It has a small blue patch of feathers on the top part of it's neck. It's definitely not afraid of people (or Boston Terriers for that matter). The peahen proceed to follow me and Rocko down the block. It finally stopped following us after we got to the corner house where apparently, the people living there have been feeding it. I took about five pictures on my cell phone and still need to figure out how to get them off so I can post the photo. Once I figure that out, I'll post it. In the mean time, here's a photo I found to show you what she looks like. I secretly want one as a pet (they are as big as the dog so I think he was intimidated).

5 comments:

  1. Whoa, crazy! I had no idea such a bird wandered the sidewalks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sista,
    How funny! I love that it followed you and Rocko-hey maybe you could get one and Rocko could have a little buddy.
    Missy Moo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great. Maybe I'll have to bring Ribbons down for a walk. I think it would be funny to see what she would do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howdy Brooke! I never thought there would be a peahen running the streets of Sugar House! And you think we live way out--with all these horses and cows! I'm not sure they would make a good pet! They can get really noisy -ha ha I'm glad you decided to stay with 3M. See you on the 21st of Feb. at your favorite place--Roy Rec. Center! Until then--Love You!!! mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE IT! What a great peahen! I secretly want one too!

    ReplyDelete