Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Fat Feet

I've been experiencing a case of "fat feet" these days. My doctor noticed at my 20 week appointment that my feet and calves were pretty swollen (so are my hands). I've been drinking lots of water like she said and still no relief. My blood pressure is perfect, so they aren't worried at this point. If anyone has any pointers, please do share!
Update: my doctor was concerned about the one foot being so much more swollen than the other so she had me come in for an ultrasound on my leg to look for a blood clot. No clot was found! Hallelujah!

3 comments:

  1. I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!!!!!!! I am so sorry that you have to be swollen! I hate that feeling where your shoes don't fit and your wedding ring doesn't fit. Hopefully come September when the heat goes away you won't be so bad. The best part of Preclampsia for me was I got induced early!! I can't wait to see you guys soon!!! Want to come to fireworks on Friday?! There will be icecream! Have you started craving icecream and pickles yet? Anyway, I like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi cute one!
    My neighbor is due the same time as you-also with a boy-and her feet are huge! She's on her fourth and says it's because of the heat and should get better soon. Hang in there cute sista! Love you tons-Missy Moo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke I'm so sorry to hear about your fat feet. I agree with Missy. I think it has alot to do with the hot weather. When you get home from work put them in a pan of cool water and let them soak. Also elevate them as much as possible. Maybe Anthony could massage them !!
    Best of luck !
    mom

    ReplyDelete