Monday, August 16, 2010

A Sizable Bill

Anthony took Rocko into the vet today and had a consult with the surgeon. It looks like the prior surgery we had on Rocko's leg was "botched". It doesn't look like he had any sort of neurological issue (which is good). He's going to need to have surgery on both back legs now; one to correct the bad surgery and one to address the issues with his other leg.
The bill looks like it's going to be about $4,000 ($2K per leg). With a new roof, bathroom renovation underway and the baby on the way this is going to be a bit of a struggle for us. Please keep us in your prayers that we'll be able to get Rocko the surgery he needs.

5 comments:

  1. Sister,
    I'm so sorry to hear about cute Rocko-I'm glad it's not a neurological issue though. If there's anything I can do to help let me know. We need to plan a Saturday for you and Amy to come down and look at the baby clothes at my house. I love you tons:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sister, thanks for the kind words about Rocko. I know you know how it feels to have a puppy whose legs don't work right.
    How does the 28th work for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 28th would be perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh Brooke! I am so sorry that is so hard!! Too much at once! I wish I was there to rub your belly, rub rocko's legs and walk to the sno-shack with you! Let me know if there is anything I can do!! i love you tons!! Praying for you always!
    xooxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Katie! You are the best. I miss you guys a TON! I'm sure everything will be okay. I think we will just get one leg surgery done at first (the one that hasn't had a surgery yet) and see how that goes, then determine if we want the surgeon to try to fix the other leg.
    I wish we could walk to the sno-shack too! I miss that! Love you, Brooke

    ReplyDelete