Sunday, November 14, 2010

Big Whopping Baby!

Ok- here's a quick review of what happened on Friday at the doctors.....

1. He's very healthy and is positioned just right with his head down (good boy!)
2. He's measuring very very large. The doctor said he is already more than 8 lbs and proceeded to yell "Stop growing!" at my belly at the end of the appointment.
3. They are not going to induce me because there really is no medical reason to do so.
4. His head is measuring about 10cm (that's as big as you can dilate!) which means he has an ENORMOUS head and is measuring at 39 weeks (I'm only 36 weeks along).
5. The rest of his body is measuring at 38 weeks.
6. I'm dilated at just 1/2 cm.... boo, I was hoping for more.
7. I'm 50% effaced. This doesn't really give a good idea as to when he's going to come.

Overall, I'm just grateful that he's healthy, but am super nervous about trying to push out a giant head. We're going to try to have me deliver vaginally, but if his head is too big I'm sure they will look at other options like a c-section if need be.

We wrapped up our birthing class yesterday and then proceeded to do things to try to get me to go into labor. I ate a bunch of pineapple, ate some chicken dish at Cafe Trio that supposedly puts you into labor, and went for a nice long walk around Ikea (again). Still no baby.

4 comments:

  1. WOW! He's huge! GET HIM OUT! I vote on the 24th...Cora likes sharing birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Brooke! We just got back from Dawnell's late last night, so I just read your 2 last blogs. I remember how it feels but trust me, Cory will only come when he's good and ready! Take a deep breath, put your feet up, and he will be here before you know it!
    Love You Tons!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sister, I'm so glad he's healthy-they still won't start you even though he's so big? Man he's going to come any day now-wahoo! love you soooo much cute one!
    Missy Moo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say don't stress too much. They thought the same thing about Max but he came out a pound smaller than anticipated. It's only estimations while they are inside. Plus baby heads squeeze into a cone shape to come out (weird, I know). I know it's hard to relax and sleep now but I say lay around as much as you can until that baby comes!

    ReplyDelete