Monday, November 8, 2010

Rollercoaster!

My last post was kind of negative, but with every low there seems to be a high (thank goodness!). Anthony is so sneeky... After giving him my news that my request to work from home was not approved, he found out some good news on his end. He came home and acted like nothing had happened. During our regular conversation I asked him what he did at work today. He responded "Oh, I got a promotion"; just like it was nothing! What a stinker! It seems that blessings come in mysterious ways. And for us, the same day we thought things were looking down, they looked up again!

We won't know how much the increase will be until December, but he's been promoted to Senior Software Engineer. He's been trying to get this promotion for some time now and really deserves it. Also, he'll be done with his Master's degree in the next month or so. We are so blessed!

I still need to figure out my work situation. I've worked since I was 15, so it would probably be really weird if I stayed home. Plus. we'll probably still need my income. I'm glad I'll have some leave with the baby so that we can determine what is best for our family.

Thanks to everyone who has us in their thoughts and prayers!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a true believer In the saying "God helps those who help themselves" In your case this is certainly true! Congrats to Anthony on his masters degree!! You guys have worked so hard and kept your faith in everything working out, and now you can see that your prayers have been answered. Love you so much!!!! mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Congrats, Congrats!! Heavenly Father just loves you and is so excited for you to be a mom!! Honestly staying home is way better than I thought it would be, but it isn't for everyone. I wish we lived closer so we could play all day!!

    ReplyDelete